Students in the Special Education - Cross-Categorical (ITL) degree from Grand Canyon University will learn teaching and classroom strategies and skills that suit the needs of special education students.
Graduates of the Master of Education in Special Education degree program at GCU are prepared to teach any subject, from math to language arts, to students with mild to moderate disabilities. These teaching methods will take into account the language, emotional development and physical and cognitive disabilities of each student.
Masters of special education graduates will be prepared to impact special education populations in culturally and linguistically diverse environments. In addition, they are prepared to develop and implement individual education plans for students with special learning needs.
Highly qualified special education teachers are in demand. In some locations, the job is considered a high-need and qualifies for additional bonuses and stipends. Beyond the professional benefit of obtaining a Master of Education in Special Education degree from Grand Canyon University, is that your level of knowledge and practice will be of great service to your students. Your practice experience during the program will help you bring modern, cutting edge teaching to students who need it the most.
Because qualified special education teachers are in such high demand, Grand Canyon University has made it easy for interested students to pursue their passions. The online master’s degree in special education program means that anyone who wants to be a special educator can find a way to do so.
The online program is staffed by tenured professors and expert adjunct staff. Students will gain the ability to navigate the changing landscape of special education laws and procedures from the people who have worked in the environment for years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Special Education Graduate Studies
- Survey of Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Practices and Policies in Special Education
- Collaborations and Communications in Special Education
- Assessment and Eligibility in Special Educ: Mild to Moderate Disability
- U.S. and Arizona Constitutions for Teacher Candidates
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 959 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- If you do not meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission with a graduate degree from an accredited, GCU-approved college or program and passing test scores: GMAT, GRE.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
National545 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 545 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.