This Teaching Dance in the Professions MA program from New York University is ideal for established dancers and choreographers wishing to develop pedagogy and research skills as a complement to their artistry, as well as those currently teaching pre-K–12 who want to deepen their knowledge of theory and practice.
What You’ll Learn
Through your research in dance education and both general and subject-specific pedagogy courses, you’ll learn:
- How to examine dance through a pedagogic lens to select and apply teaching and learning processes appropriate to various settings and populations
- How to critically evaluate, review, and put into practice varying educational models in order to develop your own teaching philosophies and skills
- How to research methods to examine existing bases of information and create new knowledge in the field
- How to develop pedagogical skills to promote and nurture artistic exploration and expression
- How to develop pedagogies for culturally relevant contexts and culturally diverse students
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laban Movement Analysis
- Research in Dance Education
- Teaching Creative Movement
- Theory and Philosophy Of Dance Education
- History, Culture. and Pedagogy Of Jazz Dance
- Open Structures and Guided Discovery in Dance Composition
- Kaleidoscope Dancers
- Professional Development
- History, Culture. and Pedagogy Of Early American Modern Dance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Teaching Theatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters Of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
International56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.