The Integrated Product Design program of University of Pennsylvania provides students from engineering, design or business backgrounds with expertise in a human-centered design process that leverages their existing skills and enables them to develop new ones.
Designed to ground students in the disciplines of product design while allowing them to tailor their learning experience to meet their individual goals. M:IPD students take both integrated courses designed specifically for the degree and single discipline courses that provide more in-depth training in business, design arts or engineering.
M:IPD graduates become successful leaders of innovation who can speak the language of design, engineering and business and act as translators between disciplines. They are creative problem solvers with the skills to implement their solutions. They know how to build desirable, feasible and sustainable physical and digital products that people need, want and love.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Process
- Problem Framing
- Product Design
- Design For Manufacturability
- Final Project
- Product Engineering Basics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 375 other Masters in Design in United States
- Biographical information (part of the online application)
- Personal statement of research and professional interests
- Two (2) official letters of recommendation (one should be from a faculty member who is familiar with the candidate’s scholarly abilities)
- Unofficial Transcript
- Official Transcript
- Submission of GRE scores is required
- English language proficiency test scores
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (optional)
- Portfolio (details below) is REQUIRED.
- Non-refundable application fee
International26733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53466 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National26733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53466 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.