School districts frequently award salary increases to teachers holding master’s degrees, and master’s degrees are usually required for part-time teaching at the community college or university level.During the Secondary English Education program at California State University Northridge, students will:
- Experience and implement innovative English Language Arts teaching practices, especially drawing on reform methodology and curricula.
- Acquire greater fluency with educational technologies, including Internet resources, one-to-one technology implementation and digital communication.
- Investigate current research in English Language Arts teaching and learning and how it translates into practice.
- Conduct applied classroom-based research.
- Deepen their knowledge and understanding of broad issues, policies and controversies that impact schools in general and English Language Arts teaching in particular.
- Develop as leaders in English Language Arts education through presentations and participation in professional organizations and support networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Secondary Education
- Educational Issues and Implications for Multiethnic English and Literacy Classrooms
- Microcomputers in the Secondary Reading/Language Arts Curriculum
- Theory and Research in the Teaching of Secondary School English
- The Program in Reading and Literature Instruction in Multiethnic Secondary Schools
- Issues in the Teaching of Composition and Language
- The Multiple Roles of the English Language Arts Educator
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 695 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Have a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete the “International Online Application”
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- All secondary-school records
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S.institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents
- Employment or experience as a teacher of English Language Arts or related field.
- Teaching credential
- Two letters of reference.
- A statement of plans and objectives for graduate study.
- Submission of a completed application to CSUN via Cal State Apply.
International14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14016 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14016 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8472 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.