The Urban and Community Design program of University of South Florida focuses on the myriad physical, functional, visual, social and sustainable circumstances in contemporary urban contexts and stresses the amassing of knowledge, and the acquisition of design, research, analytical and other practical skills.
The instructional scope of the MUCD major is both broad and diverse. The major builds on previous studies in architecture or landscape architecture as the foundation for involving students in crafting design interventions across the varied spectrum of scales of urbanism – from the urban street and block, up to the metropolitan region. Support courses in the program’s curriculum infuse an understanding of the fundamentals of urban and community design, the historical and theoretical foundations of the discipline, the methods of research and analysis used in urban and community design, the major determinants of urban form, the evolution of urban contexts, and the different modes of contemporary urban design practice.
The major invites applications from prospective students who are interested in expanding their understanding of the physical dimensions of urbanism and the morphology of urban places, and amassing the skills necessary in crafting compelling design interventions that address the human experience and physical conditions of cities, towns and communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Design Studio
- Advanced Design
- Special Topics in Urban and Community Design
- Introduction to Community and Urban Design
- The Neighborhood
- Special Studies in Architecture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Urban Planning View 220 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Professional undergraduate or graduate design degree (i.e. B.Arch., M.Arch., B.L.A., M.L.A.).
- Portfolio of design and creative work (While work completed in a professional capacity is welcomed, academic work is preferred as the primary portfolio content).
- GRE scores. The GRE will only be waived for applicants who have already earned a Master’s degree.
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (At least one letter must be from a former instructor or faculty member).
- English language proficiency
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.