The degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice program at the University of South Carolina provides students with advanced instruction that prepares them to use evidence-based practices in the criminal justice system. Beyond career advancement for practitioners, the masters degree also provides rigorous social science training that prepares students for continued doctoral study.
Criminology and criminal justice graduates cultivate skills and knowledge applicable to a variety of job opportunities including positions in:
- State/federal law enforcement
- Higher education
- Research organizations
- Homeland security
- Victim assistance
- Juvenile justice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inmates and Prisons
- Women and Crime
- Crime Over the Life Course
- Race, Crime, and Criminal Justice
- Organized Crime
- The Death Penalty
- Law and Criminal Justice Policy
- Computer Applications in Criminal Justice
- Selected Topics in Criminal Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
March 1st for full consideration of funding.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 168 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Prospective students applying to the M.A. program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. An undergraduate degree in criminology, criminal justice, or a related social science is desirable.
- University application through the Graduate School website, including a statement of interest and study or career objectives (500-750 words).
- Two letters of academic reference from faculty members.
- Scores obtained within the last five years on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE ‐ both verbal and quantitative sections of the general exam).
- Official grade transcripts from all previous institutions.
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22302 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
22,302 - 30,183 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.