The Master of Business Administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago program is 54 hours in length composed of 26 hours of core courses (Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Microeconomics, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and an MBA Capstone) and 28 hours of electives. Twelve hours of the elective course work are taken to fulfill the concentration requirement.
- Students may complete the program by selecting among three different enrollment options: flexible (full-time or part-time enrollment), weekend, and accelerated.
- Students may start the flexible full- or part-time program in the fall, spring, or summer semester. Most courses meet once per week from 6:00–8:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Full-time students can complete the degree in approximately two years. Part-time students register for one or two courses per semester and complete the program in three to four years. All concentrations are available to flexible enrollment students.
- Students in the part-time Weekend MBA program may start the program in the fall only. Weekend MBA students are part of a cohort, and can complete the degree in two years, taking classes only on Saturdays. Finance and Management concentrations are available for Weekend MBA students.
- Students in the Accelerated MBA Program may start the program in the fall only, and are enrolled as part of a cohort. Accelerated MBA students can complete the degree in one year, with most classes offered during the day, and some evening options. Business Analytics, Finance, and Marketing concentrations are available to Accelerated MBA students.
- Five of the seven core courses are offered online and some elective courses are offered on Saturdays.
- Twelve concentration offerings include a self-directed option that allows students to customize their plan of study to reflect specific career goals.
- Joint degrees: MBA/MS in Accounting, MBA/MS in Business Analytics, MBA/MS in Management Information Systems, MBA/MS in Supply Chain and Operations Management, MBA/Doctor of Medicine, MBA/Master of Public Health, and MBA/Doctor of Pharmacy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Enterprise Strategy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Environmental Economics & Policy View 435 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted to the UIC Liautaud Graduate School of Business Program Office.
- Applicants to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program must submit a GMAT/GRE waiver request if they would like to waive the exam requirement for spring 2021, summer 2021 and fall 2021. Applicants with two years or more of significant, full-time post-bachelor’s work experience and/or a master’s/terminal degree as evaluated by the UIC Business admissions review committee will be granted a GMAT/GRE waiver.
- Letters of Recommendation Two required. None for GAMSA applicants.
- Personal Statement Required.
- Resume Required.
- $70 application fee
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.