The Occupational Therapy program of Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences builds on your bachelor’s degree to help you develop the advanced knowledge and skills required for contemporary occupational therapy practice.
In this full-time, two-year program, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside professional experts in our advanced simulation laboratories and through a wide range of clinical experiences both on and off campus. You’ll learn how to build or restore patients’ abilities to perform daily tasks and educate them to optimize their independence. When you graduate, you’ll be eligible to sit for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam and begin your rewarding career.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and performance of occupational therapy practice that is safe, legal, ethical, effective and compassionate, which includes screening, assessment, occupational therapy diagnosis, plan of care, and assessment of outcomes (practice engagement);
- Demonstrate professional behavior and communication skills (professional behavior);
- Acquire knowledge of different cultural, gender, socio-economic, ethical and contextual factors that affect occupational therapy practice (community engagement);
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences through writing, listening, and speech (communication);
- Demonstrate integration of cognitive and practical learning required to enhance outcomes for clients in a variety of practice settings (scholarship in practice; practice engagement);
- Educate others regarding occupational therapy practice, prevention, health and wellness, using relevant and effective teaching methodologies (education);
- Manage resources to achieve occupational therapy goals while participating as a full member of the inter-professional team and understanding economic factors that impact the delivery of services (systems of practice);
- Demonstrate the capacity to make significant contributions to clients, the profession, and the community within complex health systems (practice engagement; systems of practice);
- Provide autonomous care and appropriately address patients’ needs for services with the use of support services and/or outside referral (practice engagement);
- Demonstrate commitment to occupational therapy through participation in professional organizations, ongoing learning, and professional development (practice engagement; scholarship in practice; classroom as clinic—clinic as classroom);
- Demonstrate commitment to the current and future needs of local and global communities through service (scholarship in practice).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Theory in OT Practice
- Clinical Reasoning in Occupational Therapy
- Practice Engagement: Mental Health
- Practice Engagement: Therapeutic Groups
- Scholarship in Practice: Evidence-Based Practice
- Practice Engagement: Environments and Technologies (with Lab)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 164 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum prerequisite 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- English language proficiency
International44250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44250 USD per year during 24 months.
National44250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44250 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.