As public and private organizations are increasingly combining various data sources, including survey data, for the purpose of decision making, the need for professional development in data generation, quality and analysis is on the rise.
The learning format:
- Online: The online environment is convenient for working professionals who cannot easily travel to a traditional campus. Like our Certificate programs, online lectures are prerecorded and accessed on a weekly basis from the course website. At a designated time each week, students will meet online as a class, along with the instructor, to discuss material. All courses require students to have a webcam, headset with a microphone, and have a reliable computer and Internet access.
- Schedule of courses: The online Survey and Data Science program from University of Maryland follows the semester calendar. Most courses are intentionally designed to be 1 or 2 credits so that students can more easily fit them into their schedules as well as build on top of introductory courses in a modular way. In the case of a 1-credit course, there are 4 units/weeks; a 2-credit course is 8 units/weeks, and a 3-credit course will run for 12 units/weeks.
- International: This program is unique because of its international reach. Courses are shared with our international partners, providing a rich perspective to class discussions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Survey and Data Scienc
- Sampling Theory
- Data Collection Methods in Survey Research
- Privacy Law
- Experimental Design For Surveys
- Questionnaire Design
- Usability Testing for Survey Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 68 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Statement of Purpose: Complete a one-page essay describing relevant work experience, interest in survey and/or data science, and expected benefits of enrolling in this degree program. (Uploaded to the Statement of Purpose in the application.)
- Transcript(s): Should show previous coursework or knowledge in mathematical/applied statistics demonstrated by completion of 6 credits of applied statistical methods courses covering content from probability theory through basic regression techniques (including both OLS and logistic regression)
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Supplementary Application
- Supplementary Application Two: Prerequisites
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.