The Higher Education, Student Affairs and International Education Policy - Student Affairs curriculum at University of Maryland emphasizes student development, social justice, and research/scholarship.
We maintain a strong relationship with the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Maryland, College Park, which has a historic commitment to supporting scholar-practitioners. Masters graduates commonly work in settings such as student activities, advising, career services, residence life, orientation, leadership development, and multicultural student life.
- defining the role and functions of student affairs work in higher education
- interpreting research significant to the profession and conducting related research at an elementary level
- identifying factors affecting human and organizational behavior
- translating theoretical knowledge about the development of organizations and individuals into meaningful practices of the profession: counseling, instruction, supervision, program design, administration,research
- developing multicultural competence to engage with diverse students with effectiveness and confidence
- performing the functions of program assessment, design, implementation, and evaluation as appropriate for individuals, student services offices, and organizations.
- Professional Orientation: College Student Personnel
- The College Student: Student Development Theories
- Apprenticeship in Student Personnel Services
- Seminar in Multicultural Development
- Organizational Leadership in Student Affairs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Higher Education View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International25590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.