The Statistical Data Science program of San Francisco State University emphasizes the following aspects. First, students will be trained in depth in modern statistical and machine learning techniques in addition to the classical statistics theory and applications. Second, they will learn and polish computational skills for various types of data sets including large-scale data ubiquitous in business, technology, and science. Third, these two aspects of the program is built on a solid foundation of statistics theory and understanding of mathematical principles behind techniques and algorithms; this blend is crucial for success in industrial and academic careers in the rapidly changing big data era. Finally, the program has built-in flexibility for different backgrounds and career plans through various electives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply statistical knowledge and computational skills to formulate problems, plan data collection, and analyze data to provide insight
- Build and assess statistical and machine learning models, and employ a variety of formal inference procedures
- Use mathematics to understand the underlying structure of common models used in statistical and machine learning
- Prepare data for use with a variety of statistical methods and models, and recognize how the quality of data and data collection affect conclusions
- Communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using oral, written, and visual modes
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Probability Models
- Theory and Applications of Statistical and Machine Learning
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- Computational Statistics
- Analyzing DNA Topology with Math and Computational Methods
- Measure and Integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 602 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Hold the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's degree
- Have the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 GPA or "B" average
- English language proficiency
International8874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8874 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8874 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8874 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.