This unique Social Work-Women's and Gender Studies dual degree from DePaul University places a focus on gender, community and social justice.
The program can be completed in three years with classes available at both the Lincoln Park and Loop campuses.
Study social welfare in the community of Chicago
- Your classes will challenge you to see human behavior and your environment through the lens of a women’s and gender studies scholar. Take part in rigorous social work curriculum, while having access to Chicago-based organizations like the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women's Network, the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance and About Face Theater.
- Professional Writing and Development
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Work Research
- Social Welfare Policy
- Foundation Practice
- Feminist Theories
- Feminist Genealogies in Women's and Gender Studies
- Globalization, Transnationalism, and Gender
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The priority deadline for MA applications is February 15. Applications will continue to be accepted until April 1 which is the deadline for the MSW program.
You’ll complete 76 credit hours in the MSW program and 32 credit hours in the Women’s and Gender Studies program.
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies View 513 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A writing sample
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
International18468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 36 months.
National18468 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.