This Healthcare Innovation MHI degree offered at Arizona State University is not limited to students with a healthcare background. Students who have successfully completed the program have come from a variety of disciplines, including nursing, health sciences, and healthcare architecture, as well as engineering, business administration, and journalism. Students will approach the study of innovation for the healthcare marketplace with a focus on advancing the system from multiple perspectives—personal competence for innovation, use of evidence in decision making, remodeling system infrastructures, financing, communication, entrepreneurship, technology, and policy making. Students will develop competence in the design, application, and testing of innovative processes and products, however, the primary focus is on preparing students to lead the process of innovation and transformation. The curriculum incorporates the latest trends in healthcare and the opportunity to network with other professionals and faculty across diverse disciplines.
In this program, students take a multidisciplinary approach to health care, including studying change theory, leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and system design, preparing students take on important roles in a rapidly changing industry.
Career examples include:
- health administration
- health care consultants
- health information technicians
- health technologists
- medical and health service managers
- Innovation and the Individual
- Understanding and Applying Principles of Evidence-Based Practice
- Systems Thinking in a Complex Environment
- IT for Healthcare Innovation
- Advanced Principles and Concepts of Innovation
- Healthcare Policy and Innovation
- Financing for Innovation
- Outcomes Evaluation
- Innovation Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Innovation Management View 490 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a nationally recognized, regionally accredited academic institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three professional recommendations
- personal statement and essays
- current resume
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.