This Medical Nutrition MSc program from Arizona State University is also designed for current medical students, residents, fellows and practitioners in the aforementioned fields who seek to develop a strong knowledge base in the nutritional sciences and its application in the health care field.
Students develop competence in nutritional biochemistry and its application in health maintenance, the treatment of disease and disease prevention. Training in therapeutic diets, nutrition guidelines and supplement and functional food usage is integrated into coursework and culminating experiences. Self-directed learning using evidence-based nutrition research and case studies is emphasized, and students develop interpretive expertise and nutritional assessment techniques to use in clinical practice. Proficiency in reading and interpreting nutrition research is a key program goal.
Career opportunities include:
- medical doctor
- physical therapist
- physician assistant
- Statistics in Research
- Food and Nutrition Across the Lifespan
- Medical Nutrition in the Care and Prevention of Disease
- Chronic Inflammation and Metabolic Syndrome
- Complementary Nutrition
- Ethics and Policy of American Diets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry View 31 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Health Solutions.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution. A previous bachelor's or master's degree in nutrition, public health, biology, chemistry or related field is preferred.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- GRE scores
- three letters of recommendation
- one page personal statement
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.