The College of Arts and Sciences offers certificate programs in African-New World Studies, Asian Studies, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and Transnational and Regional Studies, among other. The graduate program encourages its MA students to pursue regional certification in conjunction with their work in the MA program in International Studies from Florida International University.
New students should meet with the Graduate Program Director at the beginning of the semester of matriculation to plan their programs of study. The Department also conducts a graduate student orientation early in the Fall, and all students should attend this orientation at least once, ordinarily at the beginning of their first semester in the program.
- Space, Place and Identity
- Political Economy of International Relations
- Contemporary Dynamics of International Relations
- Research Design in International Relations
- Approaches to Area Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 110 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Non-refundable application fee (currently $30.00)
- Official transcripts of all university coursework
- Official copy of the GRE scores
- Official copy of the TOEFL
- Unofficial photocopies of all of the above documents
- Letters of recommendation from university teachers and professors who have knowledge of the applicant's academic qualifications.
- A personal statement of approximately 3 pages, double-spaced, explaining the candidate's interest in pursuing a graduate degree and describing the expected focus of the candidate's graduate research.
- The Department’s supplemental application form (available from the PIR website)
International1002 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1002 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National456 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 456 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.