The Athletic Training program at Temple University is designed for students who have an undergraduate degree in another field. Students in the program are prepared for clinical practice as professionals trained in:
- injury or illness prevention and wellness protection,
- clinical evaluation and diagnosis,
- immediate and emergency care,
- treatment and rehabilitation, and
- organizational and professional health and well-being.
In the MSAT program, you will learn to evaluate research literature in order to make evidence-based decisions in your future practice with patients. Coursework integrates cultural competency and professionalism in global healthcare delivery. The program includes a special emphasis on concussion and mild traumatic brain injury education. Students also learn to collaborate effectively with interprofessional healthcare teams, patients and athletic program administrators.
Future CareerAthletic trainers work with a broad range of people including professional athletes, individuals engaged in recreational sports and activities, and those whose employment requires physical movement. Our graduates are employed in a wide range of athletic training environments, including professional, college and high school sports; sports medicine and physical therapy clinics; and nontraditional settings in which employees are conducting physical activity and are at risk of movement-related injury.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Anatomy for Orthopedic Assessment
- Foundations of Athletic Training
- Orthopedic Assessment I
- Practicum in Athletic Training
- Organization and Administration in Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Interventions in Athletic Training
- Considerations for Healing.
- Advanced Topics in Athletic Training.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 550 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration: Required coursework includes: Biology, Chemistry, Exercise Physiology, General or Sport Psychology, Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits), Nutrition, Physics, Statistics.
- Statement of Goals: A statement of one to two pages should be clearly written and well-thought-out.
- Clearances: The Athletic Training M.S.A.T. program requires students to complete clinical/field education experiences at facilities both on and off Temple University’s campuses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International37047 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
National37047 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State27030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.