Offering the post-professional M.S. in Architecture at Temple University provides an opportunity for prospective students to enhance professional skills and gain additional knowledge. While the professional degree programs in architecture focus on the design, technological, and professional skills needed to practice architecture, the profession of architecture touches all areas and scales of the built environment. Architectural practices can specialize in such areas as education, healthcare, housing or residential design, preservation, tall buildings and infrastructure, and urban design, to name a few. Opportunities for practice also require different skill sets and advanced knowledge in business, design-build, or digital technologies.In addition to a general studies in architectural design track, the Architecture M.S. degree program offers three concentrations:
- The concentration in Advanced Technologies and Design broadens students’ knowledge of digital and material technologies.
- The concentration in Health and Design expands students’ knowledge of healthcare design.
- The concentration in Urban Ecologies and Design widens students’ knowledge of design, sustainability, and urban ecology.
The post-professional Master of Science in Architecture offers working architects and those seeking advancement in the field the opportunity to build professional skills and design toolsets to elevate their practice competency. Graduates are also prepared to teach architectural design and to practice in other arenas such as government agencies.
- Graduate Representation Intensive
- Facilities for Health Workshop
- Facilities for the Arts Workshop
- Project Planning and Programming.
- Form and Function in Health and Environments.
- Architectural History
- Materials and Methods of Construction
- Graduate Design Studio
- Portfolio Design and Career Preparation
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Visual Arts Art History View 819 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Master's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A Master of Architecture degree is applicable, but is not required.
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your interest in Temple's program, your educational and research goals, your future career goals, and your academic and research achievements.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.