At the master’s level, study and research are available in two general areas, media studies and cultural diversity. Because the areas intertwine, the MA in Communication program at the University of Illinois at Chicago emphasis is on breadth and integration. Inquiry in media studies ranges, for example, from journalism ethics to electronic media and computer-mediated communication. Cultural inquiry includes language and symbolic representation, critical theory, social inequality and racism, and cross-cultural differences.
A signature feature of department programs is their flexibility. Students pursue individual and professional aims with guidance from an advisor, designing a course of study to reach their own educational goals. Because the department strongly encourages interdisciplinary work, students may study with scholars in allied disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Communication Research
- Operationalizing Communication Research
- Human Augmentics
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Human-Computer Interaction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Fall 2021 Deadline: Jan 15, 2021
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 499 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Complete transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted.
- Tests Required GRE General.
- Resume Required, 1–2 pages.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required, each along with a completed Rating Form, at least two from academic recommenders.
- Personal Statement Required, 600 words. The statement should address how graduate study in the department relates to the applicant’s career or other aims.
- Writing Sample Recommended.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7227 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.