About this Degree
Students planning to major in Chemistry at the University of Tennessee Knoxville for the master’s or doctoral degree will ordinarily have attained a satisfactory record in the traditional areas of chemistry. The department, however, recognizes that modern chemistry transcends traditional disciplinary divisions.
Therefore, it encourages students with undergraduate majors in chemical engineering, the biological sciences, physics, mathematics, computer science, or other fields to apply for admission to our program.
Concentrations (Required) and Options Available
- Analytical Chemistry — Thesis
- Environmental Chemistry — Thesis
- Inorganic Chemistry — Thesis
- Organic Chemistry — Thesis
- Physical Chemistry — Thesis
- Polymer Chemistry — Thesis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemistry Seminar
- Analytical Spectrometry
- Mass Spectrometry and Surface Characterization
- Chemical Research Skills and Ethical Conduct
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- For domestic students or students getting their degree within the U.S. there is no deadline for admissions.
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry Natural Sciences View 4091 other Masters in Education in United States
- Admission to the graduate program is decided on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration an applicant’s undergraduate record (traditionally including courses in general, analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry), performance on the general Graduate Record Examination (required), and supporting information such as references from previous faculty and research mentors, co-authorship of research presentations or papers, and awards.
- Recommendation for a student’s initial course of study in graduate school is based on the desired specialization, previous training and experience, and performance on departmental diagnostic exams administered following arrival in the department.
- The Graduate School holds a requirement that U.S. Degree holders must have earned a 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study.
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
National31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.