About Master of Marine Affairs at University of Rhode Island
Applicants for this program must have either a graduate degree in a field useful in coastal and ocean management, such as the behavioral sciences, ocean science or engineering, resource economics, law, political science or public administration, or have at least three years of post-graduation employment. In this program, students acquire knowledge and analytical skills through required and elective courses.
The Master of Marine Affairs degree (M.M.A.) program does not offer an intensive concentration but, rather, fills in the gaps left by narrow specialization. Those interested in our joint degree programs with Rhode Island School of Design, Roger Williams Law School, and URI’s Graduate School of Oceanography should first apply to those programs.
- Human Use and Management of the Marine Environment
- New England and the Sea
- Energy and Environment
- Marine and Coastal Law
- Race, Gender, Colonialism and Science
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Marine Studies Ecology View 145 other Masters in Marine Studies in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 9 months.
National29774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29774 USD per year during 9 months.
In-State16322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16322 USD per year during 9 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.