The Health Education program at The University of New Mexico strives to ensure a rigorous course of study that prepares graduates to address the public health problems of the 21st century.
The health education graduate curriculum is designed to develop and enhance students’ understanding of the areas of knowledge basic to community health education and acquire skills and experience through course requirements, supervised fieldwork, and collaborative research projects with faculty. The course of study leading to the Master of Science in health education prepares graduates to assume public health education positions in schools, communities, public health agencies, in health care and worksite settings, Indian Health Services, and within the Navajo Nation, Jicarilla, Mescalero and Pueblo Health care systems.
Public health principles are woven into the curriculum thematically such as statistical reasoning in public health; social, cultural, behavioral and bio-determinants of health and health behavior; designing, implementing, managing, evaluating social and behavioral interventions and policies to improve community and population health; and, health systems and equity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Statistics or equivalent
- Health Behavior Theory
- Research Design
- Project Management and Grant Writing
- Advanced Community Health Research
- Program Planning in Health Education
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Advanced Multicultural Health Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Health Management Health Sciences View 441 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International967 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 967 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National286 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 286 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.