Athletics trainers are health care professionals who render service or treatment under the direction of, or in collaboration with, a physician in accordance with their education and training and the states' statutes, rules, and regulations. This master degree in Athletic Training is offered by The University of Iowa.
Services provided by athletic trainers include injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination and clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
Students who want to become certified athletic trainers may earn the M.S. degree or pursue the combined B.A. in health and human physiology (exercise science track) and the M.S. in athletic training. See the B.A. in health and human physiology (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences) in the Catalog.
Career DevelopmentAthletic trainers have opportunities for employment in many areas. They include career options in:
- public and private secondary schools, colleges and universities, professional and Olympic sports;
- youth leagues, municipal and independently owned youth sports facilities;
- physician offices;
- rural and urban hospitals, hospital emergency rooms, urgent and ambulatory care centers;
- clinics with specialties in sports medicine, cardiac rehabilitation, medical fitness, wellness, and physical therapy;
- occupational health departments in commercial settings, which include manufacturing, distribution, and offices to assist with ergonomics;
- police and fire departments, and academies, municipal departments, and branches of the military; and
- performing arts areas, including professional and collegiate-level dance and music settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Anatomy for Athletic Training
- Foundations of Athletic Training Practice
- Medical Emergency Techniques
- Clinical Experience
- Orthopedic Pathology and Clinical Examination
- Therapeutic Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 417 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online to the Athletic Training Centralized Application Service (ATCAS)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International30549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30549 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30549 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11346 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.