The Graduate degrees offered include a MS in Materials Science and Engineering with three program options (thesis, non-thesis, and industrial internship).
At Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) the MSE graduate program is broadly focused in materials research, primarily at the Ph.D. level. However, a limited number of admissions are also granted to students wishing to pursue M.S. degrees.
While the MSE School dates back over a hundred years, the graduate program is fairly young and evolving, and is rapidly establishing itself as one of the leading research and education programs in Materials Science and Engineering. MSE graduates are hired by the leadilaboratories, as well as academic institutions the world over.
- Written and Visual Communications
- Fundamentals of Functional Materials.
- Diffraction Studies
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Quantitative Characterization of Microstructures
- Surface Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1833 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Official GRE Scores
- Transcript (unofficial or official) for eligible degrees (only Physics, Computer Science, and all Engineering fields)
- Official transcripts are welcomed but are only submitted if an acceptance has been offered.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- *Official TOEFL Scores (international students only)
International18225 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1215 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18225 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1215 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 586 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.