Program Learning Outcomes after the Public Administration - State and Local Government program from Southern Utah University.
- Students will be able to solve problems using analytics, critical thinking, ethical thinking, and conceptualizing and applying best practices.
- Students will be able to participate and contribute to the public fiscal and economic policy progress.
- Students will be able to lead, manage, and apply effective public governance.
- Students will be able to articulate and apply public service perspectives, norms, and legal skills.
- Students will be able to exhibit extensive knowledge of the U.S. Criminal Justice System comprised of law enforcement, courts, and corrections.
- Students will be able to demonstrate ability to manage local, state, and federal law enforcement resources and programs in an effective and ethical manner.
- Students will be able to navigate organizational structures within the criminal justice system.
- Students will be able to communicate and coordinate between different levels of law enforcement in the United States.
- Program Overview and Theory of Public Administration
- Public Sector Economics
- Administrative Law
- Research Methods
- Public Human Resources Management
- Critical Thinking and Ethics in the Public Sector
- Capstone in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Political Science View 2396 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- SUU Graduate Admissions application
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee
- A Letter of Intent written by the applicant
- The Letter of Intent is an opportunity for the prospective student to introduce him/herself to the MPA faculty and is closely reviewed during the admissions process. The Letter of Intent should include information such as prior volunteer activities, work or academic experiences, career interests, and why the applicant would like to pursue an MPA at SUU.
- A current resume
- Receipt of three (3) professional references (Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher need only submit a list of references with contact information. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 must submit letters of reference.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- Writing sample
International16552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8276 USD per semester during 12 months.
National16552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8276 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2557 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cedar City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.