The Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management degree (MSHSEM) at the National University represents an interdisciplinary area of research and application that brings together the fields of homeland security, terrorism, and emergency management as they relate to man-made and natural disasters. The terrorist events of 9/11 highlighted the national and international need for individuals with a homeland security and emergency management degree and experienced professionals in the area of homeland security and emergency management. Naturally occurring events such as Hurricane Katrina, the Southern California wildfires, Joplin tornados, and Japanese tsunami are further evidence of the ongoing requirement for specialized knowledge in this area. Businesses, governments, and private industry must be able to prepare for, respond to, and recover from potentially debilitating natural and man-made catastrophes.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate tools, resources, and organizational systems for the successful implementation of homeland security and emergency management issues.
- Formulate global mindset to terrorism, homeland security and emergency management issues.
- Assess the impact of security issues for the operation of the public and private sectors with respect to manmade and natural disasters.
- Integrate resources, organizational systems, and decision making processes for the successful implementation of homeland security and emergency management plans.
- Assess the impact of communications and the media on terrorism, homeland security and emergency management messaging.
- Critique legal and ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Policies of Homeland Security
- Infrastructure Protection
- Leading Complex Environments
- Domestic Terrorism
- Emergency/Disaster Response
- Fundamentals of Recovery
- Managing Information Security
- Communication and Security
- Global Lessons in Security
- Immigration Issues in Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Campus intakes: Apr
- Online intakes: May
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 145 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15912 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15912 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Tuition per course - $1,989
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.