By building a solid foundation in elementary education, it will prepare you for a career of working with young learners.
- Flexible: Study on your schedule. Our online format allows you to plan your coursework around your life.
- Hands-on Learning: To help you transition to a career in teaching, you’ll complete field experiences/observations throughout the program and end with student teaching. This hands-on experience will make sure you’re ready to teach.
- State-Approved: This Transition to Teaching in Elementary Education program at the American College of Education is approved to lead to an initial elementary generalist teacher license in Indiana.
- Transferable: If you choose to continue your education, you can apply all of the credits earned in this certificate program toward our M.A. in Elementary Teaching and get your degree faster.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emerging Literacy Methods for Elementary Teacher Preparation
- Developing Literacy Methods: Integrating Skills in Elementary Teacher Preparation
- Social Studies and Language Arts for Elementary Teacher Preparation
- Orientation to Elementary Teaching
- Integrated Curriculum: Fine Arts, Technology, and Wellness
- Elementary Student Teaching and Seminar Last Course
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 356 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Bachelor's or highest post-baccalaureate degree earned
Minimum grade point average cumulative 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for full admission
- or 2.5 and, at least, 5 years of documented professional experience related to the content area in which the applicants seek licensure;
- or both a bachelor's degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution and proof of passing Indiana state approved content area examination(s) in the subject area.
- ACT: Minimum Composite score of 24
- GRE: Minimum Composite score of 301
- SAT: Minimum Composite score of 1100
International6642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 USD for the full programme during 14 months.
National6642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 USD for the full programme during 14 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.