The Special Education program of the Northern Arizona University can be tailored to your career needs through selection of a specific emphasis area. Candidates also may choose more than one emphasis area. Some emphasis areas lead to a graduate certificate and require an additional admission application. This degree program does not lead to teaching certification.
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Special education teacher
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA)
- Inclusive Practice Through Universal Design
- Survey Of Special Education
- Bilingual And Multicultural Aspects Of Special Education
- Advanced Foundations And Methods Of Learning Disabilities And Language Disorders
- Patterns And Variations Of Child Development
- Positive Behavior Support In Applied Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3582 other Masters in Education in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- IVP Fingerprint clearance card.
- Teaching certificate (if the applicant has one).
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $416 per credit
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.