This 30-credit-hour University of Central Missouri program at the University of Central Missouri has three specialization areas: K-12 Education, Middle Level Education, and Secondary Education. Develop the skills, techniques, and dispositions that ensure quality teaching and make a positive impact on your students.
Personal instruction and advising from faculty members will help you be successful in the classroom and in the profession. Courses are offered in flexible formats (online and/or hybrid) to work around your busy schedule. Courses are offered fall, spring, and summer semesters, so you won’t need to wait until fall to begin your program.
Student Learning Outcomes
You will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the Master of Science in Education in Curriculum and Instruction program to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to students and their learning.
- Understand the subjects you teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Be responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Think systematically about your practice and learn from experience.
- Demonstrate your commitment as a member of learning communities.
- Advanced Foundations of Education
- Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Contemporary Instruction: Theory and Practice
- Differentiation in K-12 Learning Environments
- Advanced Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Introduction to Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 4144 other Masters in Education in United States
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited or National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Submit an application for admission (including submission of official transcripts)
- Select an area of concentration: Secondary Education, Middle Level Education, or K-12 Education
- Submit proof of teacher certification or provide a professional endorsement from any of the 50 states or territories
- Submit a copy of a recent summative teaching evaluation (i.e., a PBTE or similar evaluation form), or a letter from a school superintendent, principal, or professor attesting to teaching abilities and graduate school potential
International10950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 365 USD per credit during 12 months.
National10950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 365 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.