- Athletic Trainers work in collaboration with other health care professionals to help physically active people to perform, feel, and move better. They both prevent and treat injuries and are usually work in schools and with professional teams but are also employed in other settings such as physical therapy clinics, and physician offices. The demand for Athletic Trainers is projected to grow 23 percent between 2016 and 2026. Pay varies, but the average annual athletic trainer salary for those with a master’s degree is $54,212. Students can expect to gain hands -on experiences with patients in a variety of settings during every semester of the program including some emerging practice areas such as the performing arts and the AT in physician practice.
- The program is a rigorous, challenging educational program which is designed to prepare students for the profession of Athletic Training in accordance with the accreditation requirements of the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE). Upon successful completion of the program students are prepared to successfully meet the Board of Certification Examination requirements.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Athletic Training Principles
- Pathology of Physical Trauma
- Psychosocial Issues in Athletic Training
- Medical Issues in Athletic Training
- Administration in Athletic Training
- Clinical Examination and Diagnosis I
- Therapeutic Interventions I
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 401 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.