Program HighlightsProfessional Preparation: Alternative Education professionals are among the most highly skilled and innovative educators. The Alternative Education program of Lock Haven University will better prepare you to:
- Work with the most challenging of students in any instructional setting
- Provide school-wide leadership on at-risk student issues
- Implement innovative curriculum approaches that address issues such as state standards
- Understand and work with specialized educational needs, emotional needs, and problems, motivational difficulties, learning style differences, disruptive behaviors, and conduct disorders
- Understand the relationship between theories and practice in working with at-risk students
Online Coursework with On-Site Supervision: The 36-credit program is designed for teachers, social workers, counselors, and administrators in alternative settings, correctional settings, urban schools, and regular education settings.Strong Curriculum: Courses include a combination of theory and practice, with a focus upon building knowledge and skills relevant to daily classroom challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inquiry and Educational Change
- Designing Assessments Using Performance Standards
- Classroom Environments/Helping Skills
- Alternative Education: An Introduction to Theory & Practice
- Curriculum Issues
- The Role of Cognition and Social Skills in the Classroom
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1038 other Masters in Education in United States
- An online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample
- Official college transcripts
- A copy of PA teaching certification (Optional)
- Students must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher be accepted into the Alternative Education Program.
- Review a pertinent scholarly journal article or report published in a recent professional journal. Include the problem or issue, the author's viewpoint and supporting ideas. Also include your professional opinion in the final paragraphs of the essay. Your essay should not exceed 300 words. (You must submit a copy of the full text of the article along with your essay.)
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3096 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.