Professional Preparation: Alternative Education professionals are among the most highly skilled and innovative educators. The Master of Education in Alternative Education degree will better prepare you to:
- Work with the most challenging of students in any instructional setting
- Provide school-wide leadership on at-risk student issues
- Implement innovative curriculum approaches that address issues such as state standards
- Understand and work with specialized educational needs, emotional needs, and problems, motivational difficulties, learning style differences, disruptive behaviors, and conduct disorders
- Understand the relationship between theories and practice in working with at-risk students
Online Coursework with On-Site Supervision: The 36-credit program is designed for teachers, social workers, counselors, and administrators in alternative settings, correctional settings, urban schools, and regular education settings.Strong Curriculum: Courses include a combination of theory and practice, with a focus upon building knowledge and skills relevant to daily classroom challenges.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction: Inquiry and Educational Change
- Designing Assessments Using Performance Standards
- Classroom Environments/Helping Skills
- Alternative Education: An Introduction to Theory & Practice
- Curriculum Issues
- The Role of Cognition and Social Skills in the Classroom
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 863 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample
- Official college transcripts
- A copy of PA teaching certification (Optional)
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.