Those who wish to use technology to enhance and expand their current skillset as a performer, educator, or composer and thus increase their employability, and 2) those who wish to work (or are already working) as technicians in the music profession and wish to expand their knowledge of the platforms currently in use. All students in the program will complete a capstone project showing mastery and synthesis of skills learned in their area of study, and will have the opportunity to work in preparation of that capstone project with an academic and professional mentor.
Program Learning Outcomes after the Music Technology - Performance Technology degree program from Southern Utah University
Performance and Musicianship
- Students will be able to create high quality recordings in a home studio environment.
- Students will be able to collaborate in the larger music industry to successfully complete music projects.
History and Theory
- Students will be able to analyze contemporary popular songs and music.
- Students will be able to identify historical influences in popular music.
- Students will be able to work within the structure of the music business and the methods for making a living/career.
- Students will be able to command a digital audio workstation.
- Students will be able to notate music using software.
- Music Graduate Study
- Live Sound/Concert Production
- Audio Recording
- Music Technology and Business
- Popular Music History/Theory
- Capstone Project
- Submit online graduate application and $60 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Below a 3.0 will be considered based on holistic review of application including recording submissions and resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Audio or video recording samples showing current skill level as a performer, composer and/or technologist as links to SoundCloud, YouTube or other acceptable media pages (submitted through online application)
International12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.