The Music Technology - Performance Technology degree program from Southern Utah University is taught by a faculty of accomplished music professionals and is designed to give you the tools and knowledge you need to maximize your reach and employability as a musician, technician, producer or educator.
Study a variety of topics related to live sound and concert production—including sound reinforcement, concert promotion, budgeting and legal issues—and gain familiarity with music technology tools, platforms and services used by the modern music entrepreneur. Throughout this hands-on program, you will collaborate with a community of highly engaged and motivated peers and faculty committed to high-level learning. Prepare to graduate with a solid music portfolio to help you stand out in the music industry.
You will also complete a capstone project demonstrating mastery and synthesis of skills gained in the program and how those can be applied to artistic/professional experience and ambitions.
In this program, you will:
- Gain proficiency in digital music notation software; essential concepts include template creation, note entry, changing meter, clefs and keys, part polyphony, preparation for publishing, and methods for exporting files
- Explore techniques used in the creation of audio and video for use in social media including how to use social media outlets as a tool for promotion, and the monetization of channels and accounts
- Study the creation of realistic, electronically produced mockups of orchestral compositions and make an in-depth study of sample-based virtual instruments and their manipulation through MIDI
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Graduate Study
- Live Sound/Concert Production
- Audio Recording
- Music Technology and Business
- Popular Music History/Theory
- Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic General Engineering & Technology View 205 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Submit online graduate application and $60 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Below a 3.0 will be considered based on holistic review of application including recording submissions and resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Audio or video recording samples showing current skill level as a performer, composer and/or technologist as links to SoundCloud, YouTube or other acceptable media pages (submitted through online application)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.