UNCW offers a 16 month, accelerated master's degree in data science. The Master of Data Science from University of North Carolina Wilmington is a collaborative effort between departments, the larger academic community and the business community that emphasizes computational-based applications of traditional data analysis methods as well as current trends in data mining and machine learning.
Students are offered the opportunity to:
- Develop proficiency in both a general-purpose programming language and a statistical programming language
- Advance skills to build appropriate statistical models to solve real-world analytics problems
- Enhance the ability to communicate analytical information effectively that solves data interpretation problems specific to employer needs.
- Be immersed in a team based, 6 month, real world project with an industry or government sponsor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Data Science
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Linear Methods
- Machine Learning
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Spatial-Temporal Analysis
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 234 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An application for graduate admission submitted online through the Graduate School website.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Three recommendations from individuals in professionally relevant fields.
- Each applicant also must:
- Have a strong overall academic record and have passed the following undergraduate courses or their equivalent: an introductory statistics course, a course in linear algebra, and a programming course.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 16 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 16 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.