Housed within the state-of-the-art Education Building, students are trained to develop and apply learned skills to be successful in today's globally competitive, diverse high school classrooms.
With the use of research and technology, the MAT program prepares future teachers to create innovative and interactive learning environments meeting the needs of today's high school students.
- As part of course requirements, students are given the chance to work closely with high school educators who are leading the way with progressive and new educational programs such as small learning communities and early college programs.
- The MAT in Secondary Education program at University of North Carolina Wilmington facilitates the necessary skill building for students to pursue their passion for teaching and become a teacher leader in today's public schools.
- Diverse Learners and Special Needs
- Instructional Design, Technology, and Leadership
- Student Teaching in Secondary Schools
- Advanced Theory and Practice in Teaching Secondary Methods
- Secondary School Organization
- Assessment and Learning Environments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Secondary Education View 294 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An application for graduate admission.
- Deadline and Requirement Chart
- Official copies of transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate). An undergraduate grade average of "B" or better is required.
- Three recommendations by individuals in relevant professional fields.
- A letter of interest that describes their commitment to the teaching profession, recent experience working with teenagers, and their philosophy of teaching and learning.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.