Learning OutcomesRecipients of the undergraduate degree will demonstrate the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate advanced skills in reading and analyzing texts and a knowledge of literary and rhetorical terms and concepts.
- Demonstrate mastery of content in at least three specific fields in language, literature, and written literacy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of historical and critical context for these fields and the relevance to them of a variety of critical approaches.
- Understand the role played by gender, race, class, and ethnicity (where appropriate) in language, literature, and literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to write clear analytical essays incorporating both primary textual evidence and secondary scholarly and critical sources.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- British literature before 1660
- British literature between 1660 and 1900
- Twentieth-century literature (British, American, post-colonial, or in translation)
- American literature
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 882 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the graduate program in English a candidate must satisfy the requirements both of the Graduate School and the Department of English. A candidate should have a bachelor’s degree, with at least 18 hours in English above the freshmen level, 12 of which must be in literature. Normally, only students with a grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate English courses and an overall undergraduate average of 2.75 will be considered. Though the English department welcomes scores from the Graduate Record Aptitude Exam and letters of recommendation, it does not require either of these. (Students applying for Teaching Assistantships, please see “Financial Aid and Teaching Assistantships.”)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1228 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1228 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1228 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1228 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 500 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.