A Master of Science degree in Applied Geological Sciences (MSAGS) implies not only an enhanced level of understanding of the fundamentals of geological sciences, but also an applied skill set that allows students to apply advanced concepts of geological sciences to problem solving.
The Master of Science in Applied Geological Sciences has both a thesis and a non-thesis option. The thesis option includes a focus on skills related to the acquisition of new knowledge and is designed for students who wish to pursue higher entry level positions into jobs or to eventually pursue a Ph.D. degree. The non-thesis option is designed for students who wish to further emphasize applied geological sciences and prefer to substitute additional classroom education and a comprehensive written exam or a professional project and comprehensive oral exam for graduate research experience.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Advanced Mineral Resources
- Advanced Petroleum Geology
- Advanced Depositional Systems and Dynamic Stratigraphy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 179 other Masters in Geology in United States
- A completed UAA graduate application.
- Official transcripts of all college-level work.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results, taken within two years prior to the application date.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate-level research and study.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A one-page personal statement discussing the applicant’s credentials and readiness for graduate studies. This is an opportunity for the applicant to share relevant information, qualifications, and experience that would not be included with the UAA graduate application form or reflected on official transcripts.
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.