The core curriculum of Youngstown State's Master of Science in Nursing degree program centers on professional nursing issues, nursing science, and research methods for building nursing knowledge. If you're specifically interested in developing your career toward comprehensive primary health care to families and patients throughout their lifespan, choose our Family Nurse Practitioner option to focus your degree.Through the program, you'll learn how to provide primary care to families and persons of all ages within the Health Care Delivery System. You'll incorporate a variety of theories from nursing and related fields into the nurse practitioner role, all while analyzing social issues related to the Health Care Delivery System and Advanced Nursing Practice.
- Professional Issues in Nursing
- Nursing Science and Research 1
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Statistics
- Nursing Science and Research 2
- Capstone Practicum
- Practitioner (FNP) Option Courses
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Role Development Practicum
- Family and Women's Health
- Family and Women's Health Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesNursing View 782 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- egular admission requires a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory completion of undergraduate courses in health assessment, statistics, and research methods
- Hold a B.S.N. degree from an accredited program
- Current Ohio Registered Nurse license and minimum of one year professional work experience
- Current CPR certification, current immunizations, drug screening, and criminal background checks are to be maintained while in the program.
- All nurse anesthetist applicants must submit an official report of Graduate Record Examination (General Test) scores completed within the past five years.
International12114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6057 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6057 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.