The Sport Management program of the Georgia Southern University provides academic preparation and practical experience in the skills and techniques required to be successful in the sport business and leisure fields. Sport management is one of the fastest growing fields of study in the country and is well established at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at Georgia Southern. Future sport managers who graduate from the program will be prepared for success in various sectors of the sport industry including:
- Professional teams or collegiate athletic departments
- Sport facilities and event management
- Sport marketing, promotion, or advertising
- Sports information, media, or communications
- The Olympic Movement
- State and county sports commissions
- Athletic leagues and associations
The sport management major at Georgia Southern provides academic preparation and practical experience in the skills and techniques required to be successful in the sport business and leisure fields. Sport management is one of the fastest growing fields of study in the country and is well established at both the undergraduate and graduate levels at Georgia Southern.
- Athletic Director
- Athletic Conference Director
- Ticket Sales Representative
- Sponsorship Sales Representative
- Marketing Director
- Sports Information Director
- Sports Agent (Athletes)
- Business Advisor
- Athletic Conferences & Leagues Admin.
- Facility Management
- Hospitality or Luxury Suite Director
- Event Management
- Fundraising for Alumni & Booster Organizations
- Professional Sports Front Office
- Sport communication/Media/Public Relations
- Sports Merchandise/Apparel Sales
- Sports Camp Director Sporting Goods Sales/Dealer
- Agency Recreation Leader/Instructor Health & Fitness
- Tourism director for sports council
- Fitness Center Owner
- Manager of Local Sport Business
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Trends in Sport Administration
- Revenue Generation in Sport
- Sport Administration
- Sport Facility and Event Management
- Research and Analysis in Sport
- Sport Law and Risk Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management View 59 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- Provide a writing sample in the form of a Personal Statement. The Personal Statement needs to be a minimum of one page double-spaced but no more than two pages.
- Provide transcripts showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission into the program. An undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may result in admission with provisional status. Obtaining a GPA of 3.0 on a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits may be assessed on the basis of master’s-level degree work.
- Resume will be used to review the quality of work experience and length of related professional experiences/internships.
- Applicants should prepare a professional one-to-two minute video addressing the question “How will this degree impact your career path?”
International358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 24 months.
National358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.