- The program is competency-based; its intent is to develop in students a set of competencies jointly arrived at by the Shippensburg University Criminal Justice Department and the Commission. Education for excellence in criminal and juvenile justice practice is the guiding mission of the Department of Criminal Justice at Shippensburg University. The faculty who teach in the program are committed to providing high quality education that will prepare students to provide practitioner-based services that are ethical, impartial and effective in a rapidly changing and increasingly diverse society.
- The Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree program at Shippensburg University is a good fit if you are contemplating a career in the criminal justice field, as well as further graduate study. The program also serves working professionals who wish to enhance their understanding of theory and conduct research related to their organizations.
- The program's major strengths are its applied perspective and strong emphasis on theory, policy, research, and analysis. Philosophy, format, and implementation stress the practical application of a higher level of knowledge, skills, and strategies. The methodological and theory components are highly suitable as a preparation for entering advanced graduate studies and other professional programs.
More informationVisit official programme website
You will study the criminal justice system with faculty who:
- Hold the highest scholarly qualifications
- Have experience in the field as practitioners
- Serve as expert witnesses and consultants to criminal justice agencies
- Conduct research
- Publish articles and books
- Present scholarly papers at local, regional and national conferences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 227 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in criminal justice, administration of justice, or related social science field from a regionally accredited college or university. (If you are a Shippensburg University grad your transcripts will upload automatically)
- In 500 words or less, provide a Statement of Interest indicating your reasons for pursuing this program, your professional goals, and how this degree will help fulfill said goals through the "Program Statement or Questionnaire" link in your Ship Admission portal.
- Resume (optional) through the resume link in your Ship Admission portal.
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.