Endicott College offers a Master of Education in International Education with ESL concentration through a blended program of online and face-to-face studies, with summer courses in Madrid.
The International Education with ESL Concentration program of Endicott College is designed to assist classroom teachers, administrators, and educational specialists to maximize the performance of diverse student populations in international schools abroad and in domestic schools with multicultural student bodies.
This M.Ed. concentration is appropriate for those currently teaching ESL and for seasoned and novice educators seeking to enhance their knowledge and competence in theoretical and practical methods of teaching English as a second language. Educators teaching in English across disciplines, cultures, and content areas will gain critical competence in improving the achievement of second language learners.
This flexible program can be completed in a minimum of 18 months or over an extended period of time to meet your personal requirements.
The program of studies comprises six online and six face-to-face courses which are delivered during the following time periods. Students may begin their studies at any time of year.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Discover and articulate a personal philosophy of leadership
- Develop a repertoire of strategies to communicate with individuals who represent different cultural and linguistic groups
- Attain techniques in teaching English as a second language including analyzing students' levels of English skills; methods of teaching reading comprehension; methods of teaching writing skills; and methods of increasing students' ability to speak English
- Demonstrate knowledge of multicultural and multilingual issues
- Identify and analyze trends and issues related to the role of leaders in international and multilingual school settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories in Curriculum
- Language Diversity in Education
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Methods of Teaching English as a Second Language
- Intercultural Communication
- Linguistics and Language Acquisition
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed graduate application and non-refundable $50 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College). Application fee waived for Endicott Alumni and veteran & military students;
- Please include two letters of recommendation: one academic reference and one professional reference is desired.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work should be sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work.
- Please include an essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English. Endicott also accepts IELTS scores.
- Interview with program director/dean.
International530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.