We believe that learning leads to personal growth, and relationship building helps blaze a successful trail to dynamic opportunities in the sport industry. With a focus on sport management and administration; and current trends in the sport industry, in the Sport Leadership program of Endicott College you’ll gain a solid foundation to pursue careers at schools, colleges, and universities; non-profit organizations and businesses; sport fitness and wellness facilities; recreation department and state parks; and sport governing bodies.
Our expert faculty and advisory board include leaders from MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA, secondary and higher education, the Olympics, recognized sports foundations, and more.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Investigate the interrelationship between sport, culture, and society through a sport leader's
- Interpret and analyze the role and responsibilities of human resources, finance, governance, compliance, risk management, operations, technology, and the management, planning, organization, and administration in the sport industry
- Distinguish between key aspects of various careers within the sport industry and how an effective leader approaches decision making in these dynamic environments
- Identify and evaluate career options in the sport industry, formulate transferable skills, construct a job search strategy, resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
Internship and Careers
A master’s degree in sport leadership from Endicott College is your ticket to a rewarding career. We are dedicated to our students’ success and help them find exciting internships or job opportunities.
Sport Leadership students and alumni work in a variety of sport-related industries such as:
- Anglo-American School of Moscow
- Burlington, Mass. Parks & Recreation
- Cambridge, Mass. Public Schools
- Edge Sports Group/ESG Associates
- Endicott College
- Good Sports, Inc.
- International School of Beijing
- Johns Hopkins University
- Learfield Sports
- Premier Hoops
- Massachusetts Department of Youth Services
- National Football League (NFL)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- New Hampshire Fisher Cats (MiLB Double-A Affiliate)
- St. John’s Prep, Beverly, Mass.
- University of New Hampshire
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Strategic Management and Leadership in Athletic Administration
- Preparing for a Career in Sport
- Sport Management in Media
- Financial Resources Management
- Sport Law and Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management View 71 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Application fee waived for veteran and military students.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference).
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work.
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English.
- Interview with the program director.
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International20670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.