The Literary, Cultural, and Textual Studies track in the Master of Arts in English program prepares students for both academic and nonacademic careers.
The English - Literary, Cultural, and Textual Studies program of University of Central Florida encourages student to make connections among texts (critical, theoretical, scholarly, literary, etc.), to engage in research and critical thinking at an advanced level, and to write scholarship of merit and distinction.
- Methods of Bibliography and Research
- Contemporary Movements in Literary, Cultural, and Textual Theory
- Historical Movements in Literary, Cultural, and Textual Studies
- Issues in Literary Study
- Studies in Literary, Cultural, and Textual Theory
- Teaching College Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Literature View 684 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- A bachelor’s degree in English or its equivalent.
- Official, competitive GRE score taken within the last five years.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members or others familiar with applicant’s academic potential.
- One year of a foreign language at the university level (may be taken while in graduate residence).
- A one to two-page goal statement addressing the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study in English.
- A researched literary analysis or equivalent essay of approximately ten pages, with an explanatory cover memo of no more than one page that explains why you chose to submit this particular academic essay and how you would revise if you had the opportunity.
- TOEFL scores.
International39402 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39402 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1194 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12177 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 369 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Orlando
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.