At Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from California State University Los Angeles, students may select coursework that prepares them for several career choices. The program emphasizes language acquisition processes, teaching methodology, linguistics, language testing, research, and sociocultural influences.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instruction in the U.S. or in a non-English-speaking setting abroad;
- K-12, adult education, or post-secondary settings;
- Research in Applied Linguistics.
- Theories of Teaching and Learning Second Languages
- Pedagogical Grammar for Teachers of ESL/EFL, or
- Modern English Grammar
- Methods for Teaching Second Languages
- Teaching English as a Second Language for Academic Purposes
- Language Testing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics Teaching English View 209 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University Los Angeles and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Have a minimum 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
- Grade of B or better in one of these courses: Linguistics in Language Education (3); or Cognitive, Linguistic, and Literacy Processes of Individuals with Special Needs; or Introduction to English Linguistics
- One year of college-level study in a foreign language or equivalent.
- Visa Students only (in addition to above): TOEFL: minimum scored 100ibt or 600 pbt, or IELTS: minimum scored 7.5
International16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
National16296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16296 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.