In the Sociology program of California State University Los Angeles students are prepared for doctoral studies, teaching at the secondary or community college level, or working in a professional capacity in government agencies or private organizations.
Three options are offered.
Option A requires a thesis; Option B requires a comprehensive examination; and Option C requires a project in the form of an original work portfolio that includes professional presentations and other evidence of Sociology MA Program Learning Outcomes.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies, the Discipline, and the Profession
- Qualitative Research Methods in Sociology
- Quantitative Research Methods in Sociology
- Advanced Statistics
- Seminar: Classical Sociological Theory
- Seminar: Contemporary Sociological Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 348 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- One admission requirement is a prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or better in a set of nine specified prerequisite courses or their equivalents.
- Applicants must have achieved a grade point average of 3.0 in this coursework. Applicants must also achieve a GPA of 2.75 or above in an additional 24 semester units of upper-division undergraduate coursework in addition to meeting university requirements for admission to graduate study.
International396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.