Although the Philosophy program of California State University Los Angeles is analytically oriented, it encourages work in other traditions, for example, continental European philosophy and feminist philosophy.
The department includes faculty members with diverse backgrounds and interests actively working in a wide range of philosophical specialties. Classes and seminars are small with a friendly, informal atmosphere that facilitates student-faculty interaction. Philosophy students edit a journal, Philosophy in Practice, which publishes student essays.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Symbolic Logic
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Theory of Knowledge
- History of Ancient Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 240 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- The Philosophy Department requires a 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
- Official transcripts
- A writing sample (either a statement of purpose or a philosophy paper)
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate in philosophy or a baccalaureate with a major in a field other than philosophy supplemented by the equivalent of a minor in philosophy.
- The director of graduate studies in the Department of Philosophy will determine whether prior course work is equivalent to a minor. Applicants to the graduate program are admitted based on a comprehensive review of their application materials by the Department of Philosophy.
International10592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10592 USD per year during 12 months.
National10592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8216 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.