The Sport Management program at Western Illinois University is one of the most established programs in the country. With over 750 graduates in leadership roles such as athletic director, general manager of a professional sport franchise and public relations coordinator, the program is rich in tradition. The program has a strong reputation in the sport industry and has earned this reputation because of its focus on excellence in education. As a student at Western you will be prepared for a future career in the sport industry with a graduate education that provides you with cutting edge knowledge, tools and skills to enable you to be successful. Typically, a full-time student will complete the requirements for the degree in two years.
Why Choose Sport Management at WIU?
While rich in theory, the curriculum provides students with practical and hands-on experiences that will prepare graduates for a wide variety of career choices. You will find WIU sport management graduates working in athletic departments, amateur and professional sport organizations as well as sport governing bodies around the country.
The program is well known in the sport industry for producing quality graduate students. Central to the program is the application of what is learned in the classroom to practical problems and issues that are unique in the world of sport today. As a result, you will find that the WIU sport management faculty emphasize projects and presentations that focus on current sport management issues in the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For specific course recommendations, students should consult with the graduate coordinator of the program.
- Each student is required to complete both KIN 511 Measurement and Statistical Analysis, and KIN 512 Research Methods in Kinesiology within the first 12-15 semester hours of academic work.
- Capstone—All students must complete an internship and synthesis paper of the internship experience as a requirement for graduation.
The following requirements must be completed:
- I.Thesis: 38–40 s.h.
- II.Non-Thesis: 42 s.h.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesSports Management View 237 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.