Law Enforcement and Justice Administration at Western Illinois University is known for academic excellence and ranks among the top law enforcement programs in the country. The program offers students a rich blend of theoretical, administrative, legal, and practical knowledge as well as teaching valuable research skills. Courses provide students with current information in the areas of criminological theory; administration; civil and criminal liability; research and quantitative skills; and specialized areas such as policing, corrections, security, and multiculturalism in criminal justice. Graduates possess the skills needed to manage and lead in the increasingly complex field of criminal justice. Additionally, students are academically prepared to pursue advanced degrees in respected doctoral and law degree programs.
Why Choose Law Enforcement and Justice Administration at WIU?
LEJA has established a strong reputation for preparing graduate students to assume a variety of managerial positions in the criminal justice system. Superior preparation of LEJA graduate students continues to be in great demand statewide and regionally. Students completing the degree have been highly successful in advancing their careers in administrative positions statewide and nationally. Over 30 percent of the first-line supervisors and administrators in law enforcement agencies within the state obtained their advanced degree from LEJA. The degree also prepares students to pursue doctoral education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Quantitative Techniques in Criminal Justice
- Theory in Criminal Justice
- Management Issues in Law Enforcement Administration
- Research Methodology in Criminal Justice
- Civil and Criminal Liability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law View 557 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.