The Child Life program of Texas Woman's University is offered 100% online for those who are seeking a graduate degree and need to meet the necessary academic requirements for certification in Child Life.
- Degree completion in as little as 4 semesters or 37 credit hours*
- 100% online
- Professional Option (No thesis required)
- Knowledgeable and supportive faculty with expertise in child development, child life and developmental psychology
- Two full-time faculty members are Certified Child Life Specialists
The master’s degree in Child Life covers child growth and development from infancy through adolescence, including cognitive, social, emotional and physical development with an emphasis on how health and hospitalization can impact development in all domains, as well as family dynamics and relationships.
Students explore major theories and empirical research on child development and child life and how it applies to work with children and families in a healthcare or community setting.
Gain marketable skills:
- Practical application of child development and child life knowledge in work with children and families, particularly in areas where families are experiencing stress or crisis
- Ability to critically consume research literature and evidence-based practice literature
- Ability to apply research evidence to professional practice
- Developmental assessment skills
- Developmentally appropriate intervention planning
- Written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- Child and family advocacy
- Early childhood intervention
- Community outreach
- Parent education
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Child Development (ages 0-18)
- Child Growth and Development in Early Childhood (ages 0-8)
- Adolescent Development Within the Family (ages 9-21)
- Family Systems in Child Development
- Research Methods in Family Sciences
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 917 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a U.S.college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 semester credit hours of coursework
- Curriculum Vita/Resume highlighting relevant education, experience, and employment
- Three letters of recommendation
- Letter of Intent/Essay (1000 words)
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.