Why Choose Health Sciences at Western Illinois University?
Departmental faculty members have served in leadership positions in such organizations as the American Public Health Association, the American School Health Association, Society for Public Health Education, American Association for Health Education, National Safety Council, and the Illinois Sex Education Task Force. This wide variety of professional preparation and strong commitment to serving students enables the department to provide a rich breadth of courses and research opportunities leading to the comprehensive and thorough training of its graduates.
Recently, graduate students have collaborated with faculty in research studies involving such areas as binge drinking on college campuses, drug knowledge and awareness among young adults, sleep patterns of undergraduate students, methamphetamine surveillance, disaster planning for the homeless, and the impact of bullying in primary and secondary schools. These research endeavors also provided students with opportunities to make paper presentations at state and national health education conferences as well as co-author peer-reviewed publications in leading journals.
Possible Public Health Career Paths
- Community Health Education Specialist
- Public Health Advisor
- Public Health Specialist (What is Public Health?)
- Health Promotion Program Coordinator
- Injury Prevention Specialist
- Community Health Worker
- Hazardous Waste Inspector
- Health Physicist
- Emergency Preparedness Specialist
- Program Evaluator
- Local Health Department Administrator
- Area Agency on Aging Administrator
- International Programs Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Education and Promotion in the Community
- Planning and Evaluation of Health Education Programs
- Health Behavior Theories
- Research Design in Health Sciences
- Statistics for Health Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1280 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Macomb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.