This Applied Statistics and Decision Analytics program at Western Illinois University is intended for graduates from undergraduate programs in the quantitative and biological sciences, mathematics, sociology, psychology, business, computer sciences, physics, engineering, and education, as well as working professionals desiring to sharpen their data-analysis and analytical skills and learn advanced statistical methods.
The 30-semester-hour curriculum provides students with a firm foundation of statistical analysis and modeling commonly used in many fields, including education, science, technology, health care, government, business, or social science research. The graduates of the program will be trained on industry-standard software packages, such as SAS and/or R, and gain modern analytical skills that are sought after in many fields, particularly in the areas of business and decision analytics or data analytics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Mathematical Statistics
- Analysis of Variance
- Applied Statistical Methods
- Applied Data Mining for Business Decision Making
- Statistical Software for Data Management and Decision Making
- Farideh Dehkordi-Vakil, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Tej K. Kaul, Ph.D., Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- Kasing Man, Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Alla Melkumian, Ph.D., West Virginia University
- Steven M Rock, Ph.D., Northwestern University
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesStatistics View 319 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies. If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
- Admission in any program of the School of Graduate Studies is contingent upon successful completion of undergraduate coursework specified as a prerequisite. Admission requirements for any particular graduate degree program may exceed the minimum admission standards of the School of Graduate Studies.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.