To satisfy the MS degree requirements, the Mathematical Sciences Department currently offers a choice between three tracks:
- Statistics track: Students who pursue this track receive a solid foundation and deep background in theoretical and applied statistics. This prepares them for possible continuation in the PhD program in statistics at UT Dallas or another major research university or the opportunity to enter the job market.
- Applied Statistics track: Students who choose this track typically seek immediate employment after completing their degree and do not plan to continue their education at the doctoral level. This track is also popular among students who already have a background in another discipline, but would like to build expertise in statistics to enhance their employment opportunities.
- Data Science track: Students who choose this interdisciplinary track take a balanced mix of courses in statistics, computer science and mathematics in order to become a data scientist, and take on the challenges of Big Data. Upon graduation, these students seek employment or may continue into a PhD program in data science.
- Statistical Inference I
- Advanced Statistical Methods I
- Linear Statistical Models
- Numerical Linear Algebra and Statistical Computing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 291 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- An official and competitive GMAT or GRE score
- International applicants and U.S. citizen and permanent resident applicants with an international degree must submit an official attested photocopy of academic documents such as a transcript, diploma, mark sheets, provisional degree certificate and/or your final degree certificate
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Objectives Statement
International30464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30464 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14954 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.